- Launch Address Book
- Click on the “Address Book” menu and select “Preferences”
- Click on the “Accounts” tab
- Select the “On My Mac” under the left accounts
- Check the checkbox accompanying “Synchronize with Google”
- Click on “Configure…”
- Enter your Google Account login, click “OK”
- Then click “Sync Now” from the menubar
- Now your Address Book is synchronized with your Google contacts!
This “How-To” will work with Mac OSX 10.6, Snow Leopard, but the ability to sync Google contacts has been available since 2003, although with mixed success. Your Gmail contacts will now be the same as on your, iPad, iPhone, Mail.app, and anything else that uses the Mac Address Book!