There are times it would be nice to add a chart or a picture to your Excel data, but taking up space on the worksheet is not an option. One option is to add your chart to a comment box. Then you can simply point to the cell that contains the comment and the chart is displayed.
First, creat your chart and cut and paste it as a picture file. Then insert a comment in the worksheet and follow these instructions:
- Click the comment and select FORMAT.
- Select the Colors And Lines tab.
- In the Fill section, select Fill Effects From The Color drop-down list.
- Select the Picture tab and then click the Select Picture button.
- Navigate to the file that contains the chart and click the Insert button.
- Click OK twice.
Follow the above instructions to add any picture to your Excel comment. Note though that the chart will not change as the data is changed.